10-31-11
Hi Mom!
It really was a challenging week, walking around in circles in the area (thank goodness for our map!), figuring out what to do opening a new area, looking through the Area Book to find out more about the teaching group and our investigators, etc.
Despite these difficulties, this week was quite amazing. First of all, our Bishop is incredible. He knows everything about missionary work, he delegates super well, is well organized and just works so hard to help the work go on. An awesome leader, but also just purely a great guy. All the members trust him so much, no doubting why. He gave us a few minutes to speak at the beginning of sacrament meeting to introduce ourselves and present ourselves to the members. I was like, wow, that´s awesome! Now we can really gain the confidence of the members. But right after he had us stand next to him and told the members how great missionaries we were (not that I think we are), how we didn´t know the language well but were ready to work, and how they should help us in everyway. And after we received like a billion referrals :) This ward is amazing, everyone is so awesome, well organized, and...yeah. I can´t describe it in words. So we are in good hands, and there will be miracles here in São Vicente Ala 2!
I do definitely think about my other area a lot-about the friends I made and how the new members are doing, especially Rodrigo, Victor and Vitória. I miss them a lot, but hopefully I will have the opportunity to serve there near the end of my mission. If not, I will return in 2014 to watch the world cup and go visit all of them again :) But they are in good hands, I know the Lord will help them with the things they need.
Thank you so much for your fast. I know it has helped me, even though I may not know specifically-but I know your concern for me is blessing the area and the work here. But don´t worry too much about me, I am doing fine!
Oh yeah, and I received Ingoo´s mega letter! And a letter from Dongu hyung´s family as well, and your other letter with Grandpa´s letter as well. I hope Grandma and Grandpa are doing well with their new accessibility to the internet :) And thank you so much Uncle and Aunt Khang and family, I really enjoyed the letters. Thank you so much, I will try to respond to all as quickly as possible.
But just wondering about how Chahngoo is doing with school, and Dad. Happy Birthday!!! One day early, but that´s okay. And how is William? How is he doing? And any word on the Elders serving in our ward (ie Sean, Sam, Travis, Jameson, Brock, etc.)
Ok, gotta go, but know that I am doing well. And always remember that God so loved the world, that He gave His Only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ. Remember that when life gets tough, and when life is good as well, we always need to be reliant in Him and do our best to be perfect even as He was, and be witnesses of Christ in all times and places.
Love you so much, until next week!
Elder Kahng
Oh yeah, and Happy Halloween!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.