Brazil São Paulo South Mission

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Mission Letter 3

Olá! Como vai? Ok so first off, I have a sick feeling that I left my mission office address on the website instead of the CTM address...if I did, and if anyone sent me mail through that address, my apologies. I won´t be getting them until the mission office forwards them to me, and I am not sure when that is...I promise I will respond to every single one of them!
First of all, Feliz Aniversário to Ian and Ryan! It must feel good to have your birthdays so close to summer and at the end of school! And parabéns to Ian, you will love SOAR! I wish I could go again, make sure you make the most out of the experience :) And I am sorry about the handwriting, the best time to write letters, ironically, is on the bus ride on the way to the Temple every Wednesday morning, and the roads get bumpy at times. My handwriting was bad enough, so my apologies. Not much has changed from last week, except all of the progress we are making. Yes, I know about the MTC lull missionaries get into, and realize they haven´t learned much after they get out into the field as a greenie, but I feel like we are making great progress! We learn so much everyday, maybe even too much. Lots of good Brazilian food + not enough exercise = not so good shape. Besides that, everything is well. So after attending the temple today, and after studying the second lesson in Preach My Gospel (the Plan of Salvation) this past week,  I couldn´t help thinking about Jesus Christ and what He means to me. He is everything for me, because I know I am nothing without Him. Everything that is good comes from Him, and as I have learned to follow Him, my life is finally in the right direction. I know I am on a mission and away from "real life", but even then, I am not worried about the future. I have real happiness and joy in life, because Christ is the center of my life. My hope would be that all people, including my family and friends, would all believe in Christ, and focus on Him. I can´t express to you how much conviction I have that everything unfair about life can be made right, and we can feel good about ourselves when we make stupid mistakes when we rely on His Atonement. And I hope that´s what the people here in Brasil will realize while I am here for two years. Not to convert them to the Church, but to serve them and want them to learn about it, and at least give them the opportunity to just be happy in life, and realize why we are here and where we are going. And I can´t express how much love I have for ALL of you, my friends and my family. I know it is not possible to name everyone right now, but thank YOU (yes, you) for everything you have done for me to prepare me to serve the Savior for an albeit short two years. I really hope I can get a chance to talk to all of you. Please let me know if you have any kind of question, about the Church, about my service as a missionary, about Brasil, anything! I love you all, and I will talk to you next week! Love, Elder Kahng (PS´s--->) *BYU Fam Shout-out: how are you all doing?! Miss you all tons, I hope you are having a great summer! Sorry I never had time to send you all e-mails before I left, I still feel bad. Quinton, let me know when you get your mission call! Sheldon, I´m probably darker than you now, so I would just give up and not even try anymore ;) Let me know if you both have questions about missionary stuff.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.